- GMO’s sole focus is investing. Privately owned, we are free from the external demands of public ownership or the competing priorities of a parent company, and thus we are able to put the interests of our clients first.
- Similarly, our independence enables GMO investment teams to focus on the long term, an investment horizon consistent with that of family offices.
- In addition, we are able to offer our clients candid, straightforward advice, which often exceeds the expectations of a specific engagement.
GMO has partnered with sophisticated families for over 40 years, providing investment solutions to safeguard and grow wealth.
A dedicated team of relationship managers represents our clients’ interests and provides consistent, responsive service. Relationship managers also serve as liaisons to GMO investors, researchers, and thought leaders.
As a privately owned organization ourselves, we understand and scrupulously honor our clients’ needs for confidentiality and privacy.
Investing on behalf of our clients is GMO’s only business
Investment solutions designed to grow wealth and preserve capital
- GMO’s investment teams are grounded in a common, long-term, valuation-based investment philosophy. Far from trend-followers, we have remained steadfastly committed to this investment philosophy through varying market environments over more than four decades – a consistency that we believe adds value for our clients.
- Each investment team employs an active investment process tailored to a specific area of focus.
- Some of our teams rely on innovative quantitative tools, others use rigorous fundamental research, while many blend the two approaches.
Industry-leading investment research