- GMO's sole focus is investing, and we are attuned to the investment goals, needs, and time horizons of institutional investors.
- Privately owned, GMO is free from the external demands of public ownership or the competing priorities of a parent company, and thus we are able to put the interests of our clients first.
- In addition, our independence enables GMO’s investment teams to focus on the long term, an investment horizon consistent with that of our institutional clients.
- Similarly, we are able to offer our clients candid, straightforward advice, which often exceeds the expectations of a specific engagement.
Since GMO was founded over 40 years ago, collaborating with institutional clients has been our primary focus.
Through partnerships with corporate and public defined benefit and defined contribution retirement plans, foundations, endowments, and sovereign wealth funds, GMO has helped a wide range of organizations fulfill their missions and serve their constituents.
Well-aligned with institutional investors
Conviction in our investment beliefs
- GMO’s investment teams are grounded in a common, long-term, valuation-based investment philosophy. Far from trend-followers, we have remained steadfastly committed to this investment philosophy through varying market environments over more than four decades – a consistency that we believe adds value for our clients.
- Each investment team employs an active investment process tailored to a specific area of focus.
- Some of our teams rely on innovative quantitative tools, others use rigorous fundamental research, while many blend the two approaches.
Industry-leading investment research
Tailored service to meet the needs of institutions
- A dedicated, global team of relationship managers provides consistent, responsive service and serves as our clients’ liaison to GMO investors, researchers, and thought leaders.