- For over 40 years, GMO has invested on behalf of a broad range of institutions, wealth managers, and families.
- We have forged innovative investment strategies, become known across our industry for our thought leadership, and dedicated ourselves to helping our many clients fulfill their missions and better serve their constituents.
- Privately owned, GMO is free from the external demands of public ownership or the competing priorities of a parent company. This independence allows our investment teams to bring the discipline and patience needed to maintain long-term views with conviction and allows us to provide our clients with candid, straightforward advice. It also enables us to invest in the infrastructure and talent needed to achieve our goals.
- We place considerable value upon individual ideas and contributions. Our culture is open, inclusive, and encouraging of collaboration and debate. We believe that good ideas come from everyone within our firm.
- We believe that a diverse team and an inclusive environment create the best results, so we recruit from the broadest possible talent pool, globally. Different backgrounds, experiences, and ideas all come together to produce a firm-wide diversity of thought and better solutions for our clients.
GMO's passionate, talented people around the globe are our greatest asset and make a positive difference for our clients
At GMO, we are always looking for inquisitive, driven, talented people to join our team. Please Search Openings below to explore open opportunities for both experienced professionals and those looking to launch their careers.
An exceptional environment in which to build a career
An unwavering commitment to our employees
- We invest in our people, across all career stages, with the same long-term view that we bring to investing on behalf of our clients. We offer learning and development opportunities for all employees and seek to foster an environment that encourages and supports continuous growth.
- We offer competitive compensation and benefits, and focus on helping our employees be fulfilled and balanced at work and at home.
- We actively contribute to our communities, both as a firm and in supporting our employees' individual interests.
- GMO is passionate about combating the impacts of climate change and sponsors many company-wide initiatives to reduce our environmental impact. Programs range from using recycled paper and composting our coffee grounds to making an annual donation to offset the carbon produced by our employees' travel.
Are you a good fit?
- We seek people who are...
- Passionate about what they do
- Expert in their field
- Excited to learn
- Eager to take initiative
- Keen to contribute to achieving superior long-term investment outcomes for our clients and their constituents
- And we look for those who want to...
- Make an impact
- Be challenged
- Work alongside colleagues who continually raise the bar
- Grow their skill sets
- Take ownership of their work
- Share a strong sense of commitment
- Strive to deliver excellent results to our clients
Explore open opportunities
- To explore employment opportunities at GMO, please search our open positions below and submit an application online. To submit a general application, please complete the General Employment Application form.
- We update our open positions frequently and encourage you to check back often to apply directly for the role you’re interested in.
Apply for GMO’s Rotational Associate Programs
- We are seeking successful candidates to join GMO for our three newly established associate programs: Investment Research Associate, Technology Associate, and Investment Operations Associate.
- These selective programs afford the chosen candidates a unique opportunity to work with multiple groups within their rotational discipline, with the goal of being placed in a full-time position upon completion of the program.
- The programs will range two to three years, with each rotation approximately six months in duration. The duration and nature of each rotation will vary based on team needs, fit, and each candidate’s skills and interests.
- Upon joining, the associates will participate in an expansive training program over the course of several weeks to gain insight into the firm and investment management industry, with additional training provided on an ongoing basis throughout the program.
- With the aim to identify and develop exceptionally bright and motivated early career talent, GMO’s Rotational Associate Programs accept applications from recent graduates and individuals with up to two years of full-time work experience. Recruitment for these programs occurs each fall.
- To learn more about each of these programs or become a Rotational Associate Program candidate, please search our open positions. If you have questions about the program, please contact email@example.com.
Intern with us
- We offer internships and co-op positions across our firm and are always looking for candidates who are eager to learn and contribute meaningfully to how we serve our clients.
- We believe GMO is an excellent place to begin a career; many employees in our firm were recruited directly from colleges and universities or worked in an internship or co-op position before joining us full-time.
- We currently offer internships through two programs – Northeastern University and Girls Who Invest – and also accept internship applications from students at other schools.
- In the U.S., we currently partner with Northeastern University's Co-op program. If you are a Northeastern University student, please contact your advisor for more information.
- We are pleased to support Girls Who Invest, and we currently partner directly with them to offer several summer internship opportunities. To learn more about Girls Who Invest, click here.
- If you are interested in internships outside of these two programs, please review our employment opportunities for any other internship listings or complete a general intern application.